Announcing SQL Server 2019 community technology preview 2.2
In September we announced SQL Server 2019 preview, the first release of SQL Server to create a unified data platform by packaging Apache SparkTM and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) together with SQL Server as a single, integrated solution. SQL Server 2019 promises to simplify big data analytics for SQL Server users, break down data silos using data virtualization, and provide industry-leading performance and advanced security for your mission-critical applications. Today, Microsoft is now pleased to announce SQL Server 2019 community technology preview 2.2, the third in a monthly cadence of preview releases.
This preview brings the following new features and capabilities to SQL Server 2019:
- Customers can now use SparkR from Azure Data Studio on a big data cluster.
- Customers can use UTF-8 character encoding with SQL Server Replication. Depending on the character set in use, switching to URF-8 encoding has the potential for large storage savings.
Ready to learn more? Here are some ways to get started with SQL Server 2019:
- To get started with SQL Server 2019 CTP 2.2, find download instructions on the SQL Server 2019 web page.
- For an overview of the new features in SQL Server 2019, view our webinar Introduction to SQL Server 2019.
- If youre looking for information on these and other great features, you can read more at the SQL Server 2019 documentation page, Whats new in SQL Server 2019.
The post Announcing SQL Server 2019 community technology preview 2.2 appeared first on SQL Server Blog.