Empowering developers to ship iOS apps that scale
Microsoft believes any developer should be able to build, deploy, and scale their apps seamlessly on our trusted Azure cloud without having to manage services or infrastructure. Whether you are an Objective-C or Swift developer, Azure has what you need to ship your apps faster and with more confidence. Scaling your apps from zero to millions of users is easy with Azure’s powerful Mobile Back-end as a Service (MBaaS). Azure also offers Artificial Intelligence services that you can easily integrate into your apps, so you’re not only building apps—you’re building intelligent apps.
Last year, we announced the general availability of Visual Studio App Center, a continuous integration, delivery, and monitoring service that lets you easily connect your repo. Within minutes build your iOS app in the cloud, test on thousands of real iOS devices, distribute to beta testers and the App Store, and monitor real-world usage with crash and analytics data.
As part of our mission to simplify the process of distributing and deploying your apps to users, we’re excited to release the App Center auto-provisioning feature, so you can spend your time focusing on creating great apps, not on iOS provisioning. For more about auto-provisioning, see our post on the App Center blog.
If you’re an iOS game developer, PlayFab, recently acquired by Microsoft, gives you a complete back-end platform for iOS games with real-time analytics, player management, leaderboards, messaging, commerce, content, and LiveOps. PlayFab powers live games ranging from small indies to games with over 10 million monthly active players. Whether you’re building the next great collectible card game, multiplayer shooter, VR experience, or addictive Facebook game, you’re in great company.
Speaking of being in great company, if you’re in San Jose, California this week, join us! Apple’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) is happening and for the fifth year in a row, we’ll be in town talking about how we can help you build intelligent iOS apps that scale.
Microsoft is a Gold Sponsor of this free, community-driven event that happens in parallel with Apple’s WWDC. AltConf tickets are available now. We hope you’ll come see us at our booth and attend one of our sessions:
Wednesday, June 6, 2018 | Sessions | Talks Room 1
- Automate Your Life at 1:15 – 1:25 PM Pacific Time with Nilofer Rajpurkar
- Using data to better understand your users at 1:30 – 1:45 PM Pacific Time with Bo-ying Fu
Wednesday, June 6, 2018 | Sessions | Talks Room 2
- How to prototype and test user experiences quickly at 1:30 – 1:45 PM Pacific Time with Joe Mellin
- Getting to the Segment of One at 1:15 – 1:25 PM Pacific Time with Adrienne MacIain
Podcasts, podcasts, podcasts!
This year, we are pleased to support some great podcasts for iOS developers. Although tickets for all three live recordings are sold out, follow the links to download the episodes once posted:
- The Talk Show Live from WWDC with John Gruber of DaringFireball.net. Our fourth time sponsoring this true highlight of WWDC week. John’s past surprise guests include Apple executives Philip Schiller and Craig Federighi.
- Accidental Tech Podcast from WWDC hosted by developers and Marco Arment (coffee expert), Casey Liss (car expert), and John Siracusa (expert expert).
- Download, hosted by Jason Snell of SixColors.com and Relay FM Live, featuring Federico Viticci, Stephen Hackett, and Myke Hurley of the Connected podcast, with special guests Jason Snell and Serenity Caldwell.
Learn more about Azure for iOS services
Learn more about Azure MBaaS, data, AI, location APIs, gaming LiveOps, and mobile Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) services. If you are at AltConf, stop by our booth C and come say hello in San Jose!